|Sat 18 Feb, 2012||Hanging Rock, Macedon Ranges - All Ages|
Hanging Rock - Rod Stewart 2012
TOUR DATES & TICKETING arrow
Saturday 18 February
Hanging Rock Reserve
South Rock Road, Woodend
Melways reference p.609, G9.
Lost property is @ Hanging Rock Picnic Cafe, South Rock Road, Hanging Rock, VIC 3442
CAR PARK OPENS – 12 noon
GATES – 2.00PM
CONCERT TIMES - 5.30 PM – 10.00 PM
ROD STEWART ON STAGE – 8.00PM
Hanging Rock is 75km north-west of Melbourne.
Directions to site:
1. Via the Calder Freeway, take the Hanging Rock exit (C324: Woodend-Wallan Road); or
2. Via Tullamarine Freeway, onto Melbourne Lancefield Road turn at Romsey into Romsey Road.
LEAVE THE CAR AT HOME AND TAKE THE BUS OR TRAIN.
We strongly recommend that you catch public transport to avoid delays in arriving and leaving the venue.
Book your V/Line ticket now
Tickets are now on sale for train services between Melbourne and Woodend, as well as two extra services running from Woodend to bring people back to Melbourne.
Bookings are essential on the last two services for the evening, so please call 136 196 to secure your place on one of these special services.
There is a free shuttle bus exclusive to V Line Passengers which will transport concert goers between Woodend Station and Hanging Rock on presentation of their V/Line ticket.
It’s the simplest, quickest and greenest way to the get the show!
Check for your nearest pick up point, timetable or more info go to Melbourne on the Move
1300 55 86 86 or www.melbourneonthemove.com.au
Pre purchase your Melbourne On The Move bus ticket through ticketmaster.com.au or Melbourne on the move or (Bookings are essential)
We aim for all buses to leave the venue approximately ½ hour after the concert has finished.
There is a FREE shuttle service operating from Woodend to the Venue with one pick up and drop off point.
Day Shuttle operates from 12 noon to 7:00pm from Woodend to site (Travel time approx 20min to site)
Pick up from the Woodend Community Centre (Cnr High & Forest Sts Woodend)
Evening Shuttle operates from 8:00pm to 1:00am (Travel time approx 30min to Woodend
Evening Service operates from Shuttle Exit adjacent to coach entrance (Colwells road)
Coaches Park for FREE!
There is no onsite coach/ bus parking, however, there is offsite parking via North gate at Hanging Rock Reserve (Colwells Road.), which is a short walk to the Venue. Please use designated pathway to and from Coach parking (Hanging Rock reserve).
After the Concert, the coach captain will call the coach driver, when all passengers are ready at the collection point (base of rock access via race track) and then leave via the North gate.
We recommend that you arrive early and avoid delays.
This year, parking available from 12 noon, entry via Straws Lane, Woodend.
Parking includes entry to the Rock and parkland, so bring a picnic and make a day of it.
Prepaid general parking: $10.00 + BF, book through Ticketmaster.com.au
Parking available on the day $15.00
CAR POOLING = FREE PARKING!!! Vehicles with 4 passengers or more park at no charge
Please note there are no refunds for pre-paid parking if you arrive with 4 or more passengers.
Accessed via either Straws Lane or Colswell Rd through Gate 4. Limited shuttle service available to and from disabled parking to disabled seating. Please be patient as service is limited.
Disabled toilets are located near to the disabled parking and adjacent to the reserved seating area.
Please note that this event is held at Hanging Rock Reserve, therefore, there are some uneven areas.
We would recommend this event for adults only. There will be no concessions for kids.
Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian AT ALL TIMES.
Cash only sales at catering outlets and bars, there are no ATMs on site, closest ATM’s are Woodend, 10kms away or Romsey 16kms.
Patrons may bring their own food and eskies are permitted.
There will also be food outlets serving a variety of options including local produce.
No BYO alcohol. Sealed bottled water and soft drinks are permitted.
Premium wines from the area along with a selection of beers will be available from the bars. Please note this is a fully licensed event and no alcohol can be bought into the venue. Water, soft drinks and hot drinks will be available.
From B&Bs to farmstays, group lodgings and self-contained cottages, the full range of accommodation can be found in the Macedon Ranges. Whatever your budget and needs, you will find something to suit close to Hanging Rock.
You can find more information on accommodation and the region at www.visitmacedonranges.com or 1800 244 711.
Slip Slop Slap during the day, and bring a warm jacket as it gets VERY COLD after sun set!
Wear comfy shoes as there is uneven ground.
Please note: there is no shelter or shade in the event of hot or wet weather, so come prepared for rain or shine.
• Sealed bottled water and soft drinks, food & eskies
• Low chairs without legs & rug for the General admission area. Seating is provided if you have purchased a reserved seat.
• Point and shoot cameras are permitted but professional-standard cameras and video cameras are not.
• No BYO alcohol. Alcohol is available for purchase at the event. Patrons who wish to consume alcohol
must have photo id. Anyone found to be supplying or buying alcohol for a minor will be evicted from
• No deck or camping chairs with legs. Only chairs with low legs, which sits no higher than 23cm will be permitted.
• No tables, tents or sun shelters.
• No glass - this includes wine glasses, jars, or any other containers or items made of glass. Although
bottles of wine will be sold inside the venue you may not bring in any glass object.
• No metal cutlery or knives of any sort are permitted into the venue.
• No professional-standard cameras and/or video cameras are permitted. Unauthorised or prohibited photography may result in images being deleted by security staff. The best bet is to leave SLR cameras at home and bring a 'point and shoot' camera instead. Generally, cameras with powerful zoom lenses or multiple lenses in a carry case are not allowed.
• No umbrellas, even if it’s raining. Bring good quality raincoats and gumboots instead. No animals (except guide dogs) permitted.
• The immediate car park next to the Hanging Rock site is a dry zone.
There will be no pass outs given after 8.00pm. We ask that you limit your exits and re-entry.
MOBILE PHONE RECEPTION:
Phone reception is limited within section of the reserve, so make plans with friends etc that are not dependent of phone access.
We do not condone the use of illicit drug practice or of driving over the legal limit. So please be warned and take great care in driving to and from the concert.
No matter what the forecast is bring warm and waterproof clothes.
Even if it’s hot during the day it can get very cold at night.
CLICK HERE for a guide to Woodend’s weather
If it does rain the show will go ahead unless conditions are deemed on the day of the show to be dangerous.
If the fire warning on the day of the concert is Code Red (Catastrophic), the show will be cancelled and Hanging Rock Reserve will not be open to the public.
The decision to cancel the show will be made on show day. In the event of inclement weather patrons should check frontiertouring.com/hangingrock BEFORE departing for the show for messages regarding traffic, parking or wet weather arrangements.
To read Frontier’s policy on Cancelled/Postponed Events and Refunds click HERE
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
• All bags are subject to a safety and security search upon entry. Any prohibited items will be confiscated. All patrons must adhere to local licensing laws. Management reserves the right to refuse admission.
• You may be filmed/photographed & footage or images may be used by, replicated, reproduced & published by The Frontier Touring Company for any use including, but not limited to, marketing & promotional use. By entering The Frontier Touring Company’s event you consent to being filmed/photographed.
• Occasionally changes to the line up or program times occur that are out of the promoter's control. The Promoter reserves the right to change the line-up and/or the date of the event without prior notification. In the event of change of the date or line-up, refunds will not be available.
• Management reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject a ticket holder for behaviour likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or annoyance or for failure to comply with reasonable requests.
Please read through information and check that we have not answered your questions already. Otherwise contact us: email@example.com